Frequently asked questions
- Concrete slabs of 4'' thick minimum are preferred.
- If you don't have this you need to purchase the self-supporting option
- In all cases you need to attach the wall to the floor with appropriate anchors (for concrete or wood). This is required to prevent the wall from moving around and to prevent vibration to affect the climber.
- The adjustable wall will stand on the ground, the walls are not needed to support it.
- Ceiling is used only if you don't buy the motion system and only when the angle is changed. During use the wall locking pins will take the load. The weight supported by the ceiling is about 400kg. (you should tell your friends not to climb on the wall when you change the angle).
The installation by a team of 3 peoples usually last about 4 to 5 hours. People doing the installation should be skilled to make some manual work. Usually carpenter, brother in law and route setters are a good pick. Make sure everyone has safety steel toe shoes.
Every pieces of hardware will be included for the walls. You should supply 3/8-16 bolts and wood screw for the holds if you don't buy them from us.
Tool list, make sure to have all of them before starting:
- 3/8'' or 1/2'' drive ratchet
- 1/2'' drive 20-250 lbs/ft torque wrench
- 9/16'', 3/4'' and 1'' 1/8 socket (the last one is included as it is not included in most ratchet kits)
- 9/16'', 3/4'' and 1'' 1/8 combination wrench ( again the last one is included as it is not included in most wrench kit)
- 7/32'' and 5/16 L-shape hex key or hex bit for impact screwdriver
- Heavy duty rotary hammer drill (easy to rent from any tool rental shop or hardware store, don't try to drill 3/4'' holes with a battery powered drill and small hammer drill)
- 3/8'' and 3/4'' concrete drill bits (length 6'' or more)
- 3lbs sledgehammer (or carpenter hammer and strong arms)
- Impact screw driver (optional but will reduce the assembly time)
- Ear plug or muff (for the hammer drill work)
Shipping will be done by ground freight with tailgate lift. This means:
- It is not a regular ''fedex'' type truck it is a commercial transportation truck (no answer means you will need to pay the second attempt)
- The transportation company will contact you to make an appointment (they can't guarantee the time of delivery but they guarantee the day of delivery)
- The pallet will weigh 600 to 850kg, it is not possible to move it without lifting equipment (if you have a pallet truck it will be useful)
- The largest pieces are the panels (4'x8'x1''), you should make sure it fits your door and stair cases
- The heaviest piece is the base and the first moving side (pre-assemble), it weights 150kg (V9 climbers will be able to move this easily)
BUT: You will need to buy new concrete anchors and you should account for about 5-6 hours to dismantle and assemble again.
We will contact you to make the selection.
You have several choices to make:
- We can make with or without texture. All 3 compatible augmented system are recommended with NO texture. This does not change the price.
- You can chose any color you like (you can provide a reference number in sico, benjamin Moore, RAL, Pantone or any other system)
- You can also select natural or stain wood (this is an option $$). We will prepare the wood with fine cabinet making practice and stain it the color you want. The same protection is added to the panel after the wood preparation (but in it's clear version).
- Pick a color we will shoot it!
- If you select the mats options you can chose from a couple of color offered by our ballistic nylon supplier.
We recommend using Kilter holds, they were shaped by the award winning holds shaper Ian Powell. They have this translucent base to indicates the problems you have selected with your Android or Iphone app. The kilter holds fits in the small and large wall.
Tension and Moon holds can also be fitted to the small wall.
You have boxes of un-matched holds, you can fit them to the wall to save on holds cost.
The wall will be fitted with the appropriate t-nut pattern and led hole pattern depending on the holds system you select.
Yes we do.
The mats we offer are cut in 4'x8' pieces that comes stack on a pallet with the wall it self. They are covered all around with super resistant ballistic nylon and attach with velcro bands. The mat is a single density 15'' thick polyurethane foam. The mats are 4' larger on each side than the wall and long enough to use the wall at 70 degrees. See product description for required floor space.
You can select to use you own mats or the same mat supplier who did you gym.
The adjustable board requires a normal power outlet (120V in North America and 240V in europe/rest of the world). The power usage of the wall is about 350 W. You will require a second power outlet for the interactive LED you have selected. All 3 systems uses a little power for the controller and the LED.